We started to think about service last Friday, when Ms Andrea, the service coordinator for the Primary School, came to our K2 assembly. She helped us to think about what makes each of us special. We learned how service means thinking about others and started to think about our own service superpowers- how each of us can help people, animals or the environment.
I feed my fish. Catherine
I help people push the numbers on the elevators. Harish
I water the plants and trees. Maryam
I hold the doors. Jabir
I tell my brother it's okay when he is scared. Saoirse
On Monday, the children had a choice of activities to do with their G11 friends. Most made the masks and put on capes to look like real superheroes. Some wrote thank you cards to people in our school who help us, others decorated paper people that we will hang up, holding hands, while others added recycled materials to a "tree" in the pod. After lunch, two of the G11 students led a mindfulness session, which was great fun!
On Tuesday, we thought about the different activities that we did with our G11 friends and each student put a tally mark beside his or her favourite. We found out that more people liked making the masks than any of the other activities. It was a great way to see how people use tally marks, which we've been learning about, in "real life"!
Service Day certainly was very busy, but the K2 and G11 enjoyed spending time together and hopefully, developed their understanding of what service means.
I really enjoy making masks with my G11 buddy. Skyelar
I like making the person and the colours that I used for the person. Adahan
I like making the kindness card. Callum
I like making the person and the colours that I used for the person. Adahan
I like making the kindness card. Callum


No comments:
Post a Comment