The children in GSt are becoming animal experts! This week they showed their ever-growing knowledge of habitats by creating a few different ones. Most of the children worked collaboratively. Together they decided what habitats to depict and which animals to include. They considered what the animals need to survive within the habitat and worked to represent these things using different types of fabric, blocks, paper and things from nature including rocks, shells and pieces of wood.
I made that bamboo forest and put those
leaves on the trees and one panda on the tree. -Harish
When Harish made the bamboo tree it fell
down and I made it a bit bigger. –Adahan
Catherine: I made that big tree. Saku made
half and Callum and Jabir helped me.
Callum: I made this tree and put this thing
on the tree.
Jabir: I was thinking whether we can show
some trees have been cut down and buildings have been built.
Skyelar: Me and Jabir, before we made the
rainforest with Catherine, made the North Pole. We were thinking about icebergs
and we were going to add water.
We made a cave. It has a bear. We don’t know
if these creatures live in Singapore. -Myla
I made a little bit of water and did a lot
of stuff. I put a parrot on the tree. -Sreeram
I put a banana on this banana tree. -Adahan
I put the monkey on top of the trees. They’re always in trees. – Amol
Me and Simran have made this. Simran did that side with the penguins. I did this side with the polar bears. I put the fish in the hole. I put toothpicks and made snow. The three rocks is the polar bear’s den. I even put an orca and rocks in the water. Under the fish there’s water. –Saoirse
I made something similar to Saoirse. I forgot the name- it’s where penguins live. I made its home and a slide. I made an iceberg. –Simran
Some children worked on our mural. First we thought about which animals live in Singapore and added them in. Then, we thought about what those animals would eat and need to survive.
I love the thoughtful details that the children added: the mangoes in the tree, the bugs on the leaves, the mother monkey's hand around her baby's body.
Thanks to everyone for a great Term 2. See you all in April!


















No comments:
Post a Comment